Whether you’re getting together to watch the finale of your favorite TV series or cheering on your favorite sports team, set the stage for an exciting evening with family and friends by hosting your very own viewing party.
You’ll receive plenty of praise from your guests with these five tips:
- Set-up: When decorating for your at-home viewing party, look for colors and other trinkets that fit into your event’s theme. For example, sporting events always call for your team’s colors, or if you’re planning on binge watching your favorite new TV series – you’ll need proper entertainment-themed items like British flags and tea cups, scandalous tabloids or thrones for seating.
- Create a Memorable Entrance: Impress party-goers the minute they walk in. For movie or TV viewings, place a red carpet, rug or long piece of red fabric against a blank white wall near the entrance to simulate a red carpet “step and repeat” paparazzi photo zone.
- Please Be Seated in Theater (or Stadium) Style: Provide each guest with a cardboard tray to carry food and beverages to the seating area.
- Serve Popcorn with Flair: Add zest to popcorn by using real butter mixed with herbs or sprinkle grated Dry Jack cheese on top for a burst of flavor.
- Premiere a Themed Concession Stand: Food is the highlight of any outing, and your viewing party is no exception. Feature delicious nibbles and noshes such as these simple recipes for Wild Wild West Dip, Super Chicken Chilaquiles and Bacon Oaxaca Mini Grilled Cheeses.
For these and other easy recipes to add flavor to your event, visit www.realcaliforniamilk.com.
Wild Wild West Dip
Recipe created by Jen from YummyHealthyEasy.com
1 (8-ounce) package light Real California cream cheese, softened
1 (1-ounce) packet dry ranch dip mix
1/2 tablespoon taco seasoning
1 (16-ounce) container Real California sour cream (reduced fat is optional)
1 (15.25-ounce) can corn, drained well
1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed well
1/2 cup Real California Cheddar cheese
4 green onions, sliced thin
In medium-sized mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, ranch mix and taco seasoning until smooth.
Add in sour cream and beat to combine.
With spoon, fold in corn, black beans, cheese and green onions.
Eat right away with chips, or refrigerate to let flavors blend together.
Bacon Oaxaca Mini Grilled Cheeses
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Real California Oaxaca cheese
1/4 cup bacon bits
2 tablespoons honey mustard
30 thin whole grain crackers
8-10 cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
Preheat oven to 300°F.
In mixing bowl, combine shredded Oaxaca cheese, bacon bits and honey mustard.
Lay crackers on baking sheet. Top each cracker with 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture. Top with optional cherry tomato half.
Place in oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with cracker.
Super Chicken Chilaquiles
1 bag of tortilla chips
3 cups green salsa, preferably homemade
2 cups diced cooked chicken
2 cups shredded Real California Mexican cheese blend, divided
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
4 tablespoons Real California sour cream for topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Coat 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In very large mixing bowl, combine chips, salsa, chicken and 1 cup cheese.
Transfer to prepared baking dish and top with remaining 1 cup cheese and chives.
Cover with foil and bake until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through, about 20-30 minutes.
Top with sour cream before serving.