Skip to main content
A LUXURIOUS INGREDIENT IN A WIDE VARIETY OF DISHES
- Make a delicious spread for crackers and baguette slices by mixing crème fraiche with chopped herbs of your choice.
- Include the appealing flavor of crème fraiche in mashed or au gratin potatoes.
- Partially cook carrot chunks or halved Brussels sprouts, then sauté until tender in butter seasoned with chopped garlic. For a smooth, creamy glaze, stir in some crème fraiche and a squeeze of lemon juice during the last few minutes of cooking.
- Blend crème fraiche into prepared vinaigrettes and salad dressings for creamy texture and delicate nutty flavor.
- Spread crème fraiche on cocktail bread slices and top each with a spoonful of caviar or a few slivers of smoked salmon; sprinkle with snipped chives.
- Swirl some crème fraiche into hot soup just before serving.
- Create your own signature dressings for chicken, turkey, potato and fruit salads and cole slaw, by mixing two parts mayonnaise with one part crème fraiche as the base. Then mix in your choice of appropriate flavorings and seasonings. Some suggestions are Dijon mustard, lemon or lime juice, curry powder, chopped prepared mango chutney, finely chopped garlic, grated orange peel, red pepper flakes, grated ginger, a variety of fresh chopped herbs, salt and pepper. Add small amounts at a time and taste as you go. Try your custom combinations as dips for raw and blanched vegetable pieces, too.
- Gently toss grilled vegetables with a little crème fraiche and season with coarsely ground pepper.
- Enrich risotto by mixing in a generous dollop of crème fraiche just before serving.
- Mix crème fraiche with grated or bottled horseradish, to taste; fold in some snipped chives or thinly sliced green onions and serve with crispy potato pancakes.
- A successful tea party is assured when you serve warm scones with plenty of crème fraiche and fruit preserves or lemon curd.
- Sauté sliced mushrooms and finely chopped onion in butter over high heat until mushrooms are lightly browned. Reduce heat, stir in some crème fraiche and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve hot over baked potatoes, chicken breasts or fish fillets.
- Just about any omelet, plain or complex, is enhanced when topped with a generous dollop of crème fraiche.
- Mix some golden raisins and banana slices or blueberries into pancake batter. Serve the hot pancakes with crème fraiche mixed with a little honey and ground cinnamon.
- Toss hot cooked pasta with crème fraiche and butter. Season with lemon juice, black pepper and chopped fresh oregano or basil. Serve immediately with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Top warm baked apples with spoonfuls of crème fraiche, then drizzle with maple syrup and dust with freshly grated nutmeg.
- A lovely brunch dish or dessert is a bowl of diced fresh mango, pineapple and papaya. Drizzle the fruit with a sauce of crème fraiche lightly sweetened with honey and flavored with grated lime peel.
- When whipping cream, include some crème fraiche for richness and unique flavor; mix in a small amount of sugar and a dash of vanilla. Serve on fresh berry or peach shortcakes.